Welcome to the new release, Anytime Booking
Anytime Party Booking
- Log in to Active8
a. Note: This Feature is available for all employees to easily manage your Parties!
- Select Events from the left-hand Navigation Pane, then Area Schedule from the dropdown options
- From this screen, there are multiple new options:
a. Creating a New (Custom) Timeslot
b. Blocking off an existing Timeslot
c. Modifying an existing Reservation
- First, we will discuss Creating a New Timeslot
a. Navigate to the Date of the Area Schedule that you would like to create a new Timeslot for by using the Calendar in the top-right corner of the page
b. Once you are on the correct Date, click the green [ + ] symbol in the top-left
c. A pop-up will appear, allowing you to enter the necessary information:
i. Area: Select the Area that you wish to create the new Timeslot for
ii. Timezone: This is defaulted to your Location’s Timezone, do not change this
iii. Start and End Time: Select the Time that your new Timeslot will take place
Note: Timeslots cannot extend past midnight – you must create a timeslot up until 11:59 p.m. and another on the following day starting at 12:01 a.m. until the End Time you need.
d. Once you have entered all of the information, you will be prompted to select any existing overlapping Timeslots that you wish to Block. This will prevent the Blocked Timeslots from being booked, allowing you to more easily manage your Party Areas. Blocked Slots will be shown in RED.
e. After any Blocks are selected, a prompt will appear asking if you would like to book a Party immediately at that Timeslot. Selecting “Ok” will move you to the Party Booking process with that Timeslot selected. Contrarily, selecting “Cancel” will simply refresh the page on the Area Schedule, showing your new Timeslot.
f. Booked Parties are shown in a color that matches their Status:
i. Reserved will be shown in ORANGE.
ii. In Progress will be shown in BLUE.
iii. Locked will be shown in GRAY.
iv. Closed will be shown in GREEN.
g. Blocked Slots can be created automatically by any new Custom Timeslots that are created and overlapped (and selecting the appropriate Timeslots to Block off) as well as individually per Timeslot. This is one of the options for the Cog Wheel icon that is located on each Timeslot.
h. Cog Wheel options allow for a handful of different functions, depending on the type of Timeslot you are attempting to modify.
i. Available Timeslots (Not Booked or Blocked) have the ability to “Book a Party” or “Block Timeslot”
1. Book a Party – This will simply start the Party Booking process with that Timeslot selected for the Reservation
2. Block Timeslot – This will allow you to Block off an individual Timeslot, preventing it from being available for Booking (both in store and through the customer’s portal)
ii. Booked Parties have the ability to “Reschedule the event”, “Upgrade/downgrade this event”, “Manage Blocked Slots” (if the Party was booked on a Custom Timeslot), and “Cancel this event”.
1. Reschedule the event – This will take you through the workflow to reschedule the Party
a. New Feature! Rescheduling can now be performed directly into a Custom Timeslot. After selecting a Date to reschedule to, below any available Timeslots you may select “Create New Timeslot”, which will take you through the process of creating Custom Timeslot.
Note: This will now allow you to reschedule Parties to dates they are not normally allowed to be booked on – such as a Weekday only Party can be shifted to a Weekend Day if using a Custom Timeslot
2. Upgrade/downgrade this event – This will take you through the workflow to Upgrade or Downgrade the Party to a different Party Package
a. New Feature! Upgrading or Downgrading can now be performed directly into Custom Timeslot. After selecting a Date to reschedule to, below any available Timeslots you may select “Create New Timeslot”, which will take you through the process of creating a Custom Timeslot.
Note: This will now allow you to move Parties to dates they are not allowed to be booked on – such as a Weekday only Party can be shifted to a Weekend Day if using a Custom Timeslot
3. Mange Blocked Slots – (Only available on Custom Timeslots) This will allow you view any available overlapping Timeslots and choose to Block or Un-Block any selections, at any time!
4. Cancel this event – This will simply Cancel the Event. Keep in mind, you will want to verify if any Payments may need Refunded prior to Cancelling!